Master thesis – Robotics prototype development for geriatric mobilization
Reactive Robotics is the world’s first company to introduce robotics to intensive care units.
We support nurses and therapists in providing robot-assisted therapy to their patients. Our company is growing fast and, by working with us, you will gain responsibilities quickly. Our diverse team is open-minded, highly-motivated, and multidisciplinary. We are passionate about our mission:
Helping patients - supporting nurses and therapists - adding value to the healthcare system.
About this thesis
This thesis focuses on the prototypical development of a robotic system for lower limb mobilization in geriatric care. With increasing age, geriatric disorders and multimorbidity can result in a rapid decrease in mobility and independence, which ultimately leads to the need for care by relatives and/or healthcare professionals. Furthermore, geriatric patients often need to leave the comfort of their own home and relocate to a nursing home. Frequent mobilization therapy can help to avoid these circumstances. However, with the number of healthcare professionals increasing at a much slower rate than the number of elderly and critically ill patients, the healthcare system does not possess sufficient capacities to provide the necessary interventions. In order to counteract this shortage of healthcare professionals, Reactive Robotics has developed a robotics prototype aimed
at providing robotic assistance for geriatric mobilization therapy. The objective of this thesis lies in the optimization of this prototype. All insights obtained with the first prototype should be gathered, evaluated, and transferred into conceptual improvements (e.g., size, weight, performance, usability). Afterwards, a second generation of the prototype should be constructed and evaluated.
What we offer YOU...
- Responsibilities from day one
- Opportunity to contribute your experiences and ideas
- To make a difference in innovative MedTech
How YOU will contribute ...
- Review of state of the art and current state of robotics prototype
- Identification of improvements by assessing fulfillment of requirements
- Development of multiple concepts for the second generation of the prototype
- Software-based implementation of the design concepts using CAD software
- Construction of a full-scale prototype of the most promising design concept
- Comprehensive testing and evaluation of the usability of the prototype
- are a matriculated master student in Mechanical/Usability Engineering, MedTech or similar
- are ideally interested in combining your master thesis with a precedent 3-month internship
- possess practical experience in usability-driven prototype optimization and development
- possess practical experience in working with CAD software tools (ideally Onshape)
- inspire by out of the box thinking, creative problem solving, drive, and agility
- love teamwork, and have a true can-do attitude
- are fluent in German and English
Starting date: September 2023
Application: via the career page on our website www.reactive-robotics.com
Reactive Robotics GmbH
Reactive Robotics is the world’s first company to introduce robotics to intensive care units. We support nurses and therapists in providing robot-assisted therapy to their patients. Our diverse team is open-minded, highly-motivated, and multidisciplinary.
MUnique Technology GmbH
vor 2 Tagen
MUnique Technology GmbH
vor 2 Tagen
Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship
vor 3 Wochen
Electric Flytrain AG
vor 5 Wochen
vor 10 Wochen
vor 11 Wochen